Five Benefits of Receiving a Keratin Treatment for Your Hair
If you like the look of straight hair but don’t want to spend time flat-ironing your curls, there’s a solution that gives you long-lasting results. It’s known as a keratin treatment but is also called a Brazilian blowout or Brazilian keratin treatment. Done at a salon, the treatment can help you get the results you desire with your curly or wavy hair.
What is Keratin?
As proteins in the hair break down, the strands become more porous. Keratin treatments fill in the gaps, making the hair stronger and easier to brush or comb. People who have brittle or frizzy hair often find keratin an excellent solution to their issues. Men and women with extremely curly hair like to flat-iron cut down the amount of time it takes to style their hair by investing in long-lasting keratin treatments.
How is a Keratin Treatment Done?
Salons do keratin treatments in one of two ways. The first option is to apply the treatment to freshly washed hair and let it sit for 30 minutes. The second option is to blow-dry the hair and apply the treatment to it. The stylist takes a flat iron and starts ironing the hair in small sections to apply it correctly. The heat helps the treatment work to keep the hair straight for a long time.
The entire process can be lengthy, especially if you have long hair. You may want to prepare for your appointment by carrying a book or magazine with you so you have what you need to stay entertained throughout the treatment. By the time the stylist has finished with you, though, you won’t need to return for a follow-up treatment for quite a while.
Benefits of Having Keratin Treatments in a Salon
There are multiple benefits of having keratin treatments done by a salon professional. We’ve included five for you to review as they’re the most prominent. You may notice other advantages that come with salon-based keratin treatments. If you do, you’ll be sure to schedule regular appointments to have the service done.
Here’s what you’ll gain from having regular keratin treatments at a professional hair salon:
- Smoother Hair. Hair is no longer frizzy or brittle. It doesn’t break off easily because it’s stronger than ever. Thanks to the stylist’s process to flat iron the treatment onto the hair, it stays smoother longer.
- Shinier Hair. Hair looks and feels healthier. As a result, it’s shinier, too. You won’t need to apply a gloss to make your hair look the way you want it to daily.
- More Manageable Hair. You can brush or comb through your hair with ease. You deal with fewer tangles. You can keep it lying flat without the use of lots of products.
- Long-Lasting Results. You don’t need to wash your hair as often. You can keep your straightened hair for longer without the need to visit the salon as often. It’s an excellent option if you’re a fan of saving money yet having an attractive hairstyle.
- New Hair Growth. Additional proteins mean faster hair growth. If you’re looking for ways to accelerate your hair’s growth, this could be your best option. Stronger and more abundant hair is a real possibility for you.
Now that you’re well aware of what you’ll gain from seeing a stylist for keratin, you can locate the best salon in Cary, NC, for scheduling regular treatments. The next section helps you locate the best stylist for providing you with what you need for beautiful hair. You’ll have no problem keeping your curly or wavy hair straight for longer when you decide to invest in keratin protein.
Where to Find the Best Hair Salon to Apply Keratin to the Hair?
Residents and visitors of Cary know Dorcas Dominican Hair Salon by name. For years, we’ve provided our clients with a range of services to meet their unique needs. One of them is keratin treatments. Let us know if you want to know more about the cost of a treatment or how frequently we suggest you have the service done. We’ll be more than happy to answer your questions and provide you with the appointment you need to have the service done soon.